Principle of Subordination of Individual Interest To General Interest
This principle of subordination of individual interest to general assumes that in order to achieve organizational goals general (group) interest is superior to individual interest. It aims to harmonize the individual interest with the organizational goals so that employees’ individual interests, as well as organizational goals, both are achieved at the same time.
This management principle focuses on the underlying management idea that individual employee’s objectives are secondary to group objectives since achieving group objectives helps to accomplish individual objectives in the long term. As a result, it is critical for the manager to reconcile individual goals with group goals.
It is a fact that everyone joins the organization for the fulfillment of certain objectives. When they get a sense of achieving their objectives along with the achievement of organizational goals, there is no problem, they further feel motivated and work harder. But, when they get the organization is driving just the opposite of their objectives, it does not produce the expected results.
Thus, it’s the prime duty of the manager to reconcile the employee’s interest with the organization. And, when it is done, employees feel motivated, it increases productivity and the efficient accomplishment of objectives is realized.
Positive of this Principle:
- Efficient achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
- Since the interest, goal, and objectives of individual employees are heard they feel motivated and it positively improve the performance of the organization.
- Better coordination in the organization.
- A better working environment.
- There seems harmony in the organization.
- Increases satisfaction of the employees.
- There seems increase respect for employees in the organization.
Results of disobeying this principle:
- No respect for employees in the organization.
- Poor coordination is seen in the organization.
- Difficulty in the achievement of goals and objectives.
- No efficiency in the performance.
- Since the employee’s interest is ignored, thy becomes demotivated to work.