Introduction to a personal computer (PC)
To give an exact or universal definition of the computer is not a simple matter because of its broad scope. However, we almost get various definitions of the personal computer. Hence, maybe we defined it in our way.
What is a personal computer (computer)?
A computer is an electronic machine or device for performing calculations and controlling operations that can be expressed either in logical or numerical terms. In a computer, calculations related to arithmetic. Where arithmetic is a branch of mathematics that consists of the study of numbers, especially the properties of the operations on them: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Hence, a computer also called an arithmetic computer. In simple words, a computer is an electronic device that accepts data using input devices then store and process them to generate the desired output.
Also, a computer is an automatic but straightforward device to use or operate for the user. The primary process of the computer is that it accepts raw data or instruction from the user or outside and that raw data is processed after the process is completed it gives the output or result to the user. In comparison to human beings, a computer works too much faster than a human it is because a computer is an electronic device. In this way we characterized the computer system:
Characteristics of computer or personal computer
There are various characteristics of the computer, some of them are:
- Electronic device: – A computer is fully programmed as an electronic device that does the job as a human being.
- Automatic: – When users input raw data and instruction it’s result computer processing is automatic.
- Speed: – The computer is a high-speed device. It can perform its work very fast than human beings.
- Accuracy: – A computer is an accurate machine. It can perform a large number of tasks or works without errors.
- Versatile: – A computer is a versatile device because it can perform many tasks at the same time.
- Diligence (tireless): – In a comparison of humans and computers, where a computer can perform continuously many hours without errors, whereas humans are work also many hours but they tired and they must have to take rest.
- Reliability: – A computer is a reliable device where it provides more security.
- No feeling: – The computer is devoid of emotions. Computers have no feelings because they are the machine.
- No IQ: – Computers have no IQ because whatever is performed by external users and also unthinkable.
- Storage capacity or power of remembering: – A computer can store and recall any amount of information immediately as the need of users because of its secondary capacity. A computer forgets or loses specific information only when it asked to do so.
Some advantages of computer are:
- The computer is useful in various organizations for documentation.
- It is useful for typical works where it is a reliable and accurate device.
- These are high-speed devices and able to perform thousands of jobs within a short period.
- Complex mathematical and logical operations can be solved (arithmetic).
- It enhances the activities of users.
- It saves working time, etc.
If you want to take it on your mobile phone or personal to read offline you can also download to PDF file of this article. Introduction to a personal computer