Mail-merge, Macro handling, and Hyperlink
BBA |BBA-TT | BHCM
Word’s mail-merge feature helps in quickly creating documents by combining information from two different files. In mail-merge, you write a letter in one document, enter all your receptionist’s names and addresses in another, and merge the two to produce as many copies as needed. Mail merge enables you to personalize from letters for mass mailing, product announcements, customer letters, reports, and invitations.
Steps to creating mail-merge
- Go to mail merge menu.
- Click on start mail merge.
- Click on step by step mail merge wizard.
- Choose document type from – letters, e-mail messages, envelopes, labels, and directory.
- Click on the starting document.
- Click to select recipients.
- Select recipients from – use an existing list, select from outlook contacts and type a new list.
- Click to write your letter and write a letter as a requirement.
- Then, click to address block.
- And, lick to preview your letters.
- Click to complete the merge.
- After the merging either choose print or edit individual letters.
It is known as an encryption method of the file. Ms-word gives the important encrypted security tool to provide non-modification on documents using shortcut key facility options that are providing shortcut key to the documents from unwanted modification and for fast access between known users called macro handling. It is an important tool which gives the shortcut key using button and keyboard.
Steps to create the macro
- Click on the view menu.
- And, click on macro.
- Click on record macro.
- Choose or write a macro name.
- Either click on button or keyboard.
- Click on customize.
- Select specify keyboard sequence.
- Click on save changes.
- Click on assign.
- At last click on OK button.
In computing, a hyperlink is a reference to data that the reader can directly follow either by clicking or by hovering. A hyperlink points to a whole document or to a specific element within a document. Hypertext is a text with hyperlinks. A software system that’s used for viewing and creating hypertext is a hypertext system, and to create a hyperlink is to hyperlink.
The hyperlink is a connection of file or documents or web page by using the text having the link. So it is a linking of documents with the help of text. The hyperlink is similar to text having the link that stores the address or path of the destination file.
It takes the following steps:
- Click on insert menu.
- Click on the hyperlink.
- Type text in the text to display field.
- Type location in the address field.
- Then click on OK.
For offline read download PDF file mail, macro and hyperlink
Financial account-I Solution PU 2018