Introduction to the internet, WWW, web browsers & Search Engine
Introduction to internet
The internet is the largest computer network in the world connecting millions of computers in the web. A network is a group of two or more major applications linked together. The Internet is defined as the international network that integrates the computer to form a global network structure. So it is called the network of various networks.
The internet is a huge amount of computers which links many different types of computers all over the world. It is a network of networks that shared a common mechanism for identifying computers and a common set of communication protocols for communication between two computers on the network.
Some advantages of internet
- Sharing information.
- Collection of information.
- Online advertisement.
- Online marketing.
- Also, online medical advice.
- Similarly, online railway and airlines schedule.
- And, online news.
- Searching for jobs.
- Online education.
- Online results, etc.
Disadvantages of internet
- Viruses and worms.
- Security problems.
- Inaccuracy of information.
- Wastage of time.
- Immorality (may some website contains immoral materials)
Internet application or uses of internet
The Internet has become a major part of society and business sectors. So, different institutions should use this application as major tools to integrate with the
- To advertisement
- To communication
- Sell (e-commerce)
- Online shopping
- Online reservation, education, etc.
World Wide Web (WWW)
As we know that, the internet is the physical computer network with global reach. To access and global reach we must use the WWW. It is the universal protocol from which user can access any information through the web browser with the help of website and web application. This is invented by
The web is a system of internet servers that support specially formatted documents. These specially formatted documents are text documents created in HTML. The web browser interprets these text documents by using the help of WWW so they become web pages. WWW includes
1. Web Browser
A piece of software used to
2. HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)
The formatting language used to create web documents.
3. URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
Each web page has its own web address on the internet which is called URL. To recognize one another over the internet. Computers convert human-friendly address to numerical IP address. It transfers the resources uniformly to all users.
4. HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol)
It is a set of rules. Usually, HTTP indicates the file type. HTTP is a system used for transferring web documents how messages are formatted and transmitted over the internet.
To connect the internet we need different devices and tools like a computer. Modern, web browsers and internet service provider (ISP). It is software that must be used to navigate the web. To access to receive the information of any organization if they use the online system we need to use such type of software called web browsers.
It some functions
- It converts web documents into a
- Also, it is software that is used to navigate web pages.
- Used by the client to request for web pages.
Some examples of web browsers as follows
- Internet E
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
The internet provides access to information on countless topics contributed by the people throughout the world. However, the internet is not a library in which all its available items are identified and can be retrieved by a single catalog. In fact, no one knows how many individual files reside the internet.
Hence, to connect a search on the internet a special search tool known as
Components of search engine
One type of web crawler. A spider that transverse the web from link to link by identifying and reading pages.
2. Indexing software
Indexing software is a program that analysis web pages downloaded by spider.
Database is a warehouse of the web pages which is downloaded and processed.
4. Search engine mechanism
Software that enables users to query the index and that usually returns in terms of relevancy ranked order.
Types of searches
- Used by search engine users to locate a specific site or page on site.
speciallylooking for theofficialwebsite or sub page.
- For e.g. www.ntc.net.np
- A search engine users use an informational search when looking from viewing content on a topic.
- This information search user looking to learn something from viewing content on the web.
- For the e.g. definition of
- This search engine user using a translational search looking to complete some types of translation on the web.
- This translation could be paid or free transaction.
- The searcher is looking for either a product or a service.
Example of search engines
For offline read download PDF file below