Implementation of Change Effectively
How To implement Change? The effective implementation of a plan is essential to meet the objectives of the introduction of change in an organization. Managers need to perform many activities for effectively implementing and monitoring the change process in order to achieve desired objectives. The following are the major steps or ways for implementation and monitoring the change process:
- Establish the reason for the change
- Form a team
- Create a new vision for change
- Empower subordinates
- Communicate information
- Consolidate improvement
- Reinforce the change
- Make provision of reward
#1 Establish The Reason For Change
Change in organizational performance is natural and inevitable. At the implementation of change, the manager needs to identify the logical reasons for the change. The manager should specify change is compulsory and essential to meet changing needs of the customers.
#2 Form A Team
Managers need to form a team having enough power to lead the change process. Team members should have complementary skills and support for each other. They need to provide proper instruction, guidance, and information to employees for the effective implementation of planned change.
#3 Create New Vision For Change
It is necessary for the manager to create a new vision to direct the change to meet the objectives. Besides, it is essential to develop new strategies and procedures to implement change. A manager needs to work with a team on the basis of vision and plan.
#4 Empower Subordinates
In implementing of change process it is a must to empower subordinates to take decisions in their own area of performance. A manager needs to encourage them for taking risks and creative problems. It supports the effective implementation of change in accordance with the manager’s vision.
#5 Communicate Information
The manager needs to communicate a clear vision of the change process to all the related members. The proper communication of information to stakeholders facilitates overcoming the barriers to change.
#6 Consolidate Improvement
All the improvement areas of change work need to be consolidated to find out the overall result. This helps to reevaluate the implementation of change and to make adjustments according to new programs.
#7 Reinforce The Changes
A manager needs to reinforce the changes by demonstrating the relationship between new behaviors and organizational success. The better part of change is necessary to consider for further implementation to meet the changing expectation of consumers.
#8 Make Provision of Reward
It is necessary to make provision of reward for successful completion of the change process. It encourages the subordinates to accept the change and adapt to changing environment of the organization.
Let’s see the ideas suggested by J.P. Kotter,
- Establish a sense of urgency by creating a compelling reason for why change is needed.
- Form a coalition with enough power to lead the change.
- Create a new vision to direct the change and strategies for achieving the vision.
- Communicate the vision throughout the organization.
- Empower others to act on the vision by removing barriers to change and encouraging risk-taking and creative problem-solving.
- Plan for, create and create reward short-term “wins” that move the organization toward the new vision.
- Consolidate improvements, reassess change, and make necessary adjustments in the new programs.
- Reinforce the change by demonstrating the relationship between new behaviors and organizational success.