Spiritual books are life-changing books that focus on our life movement, healing, emotion, building healthy spiritual health and mind. Spiritual books help us to go deep into our souls.
We need our soul to be pure because it is the only thing that people remember after death. With the spiritual books, we come up to know our deep and potentiality.
Finding the best spiritual book can be hard today because of the availability of many spiritual books. Here I mentioned some of the best spiritual books of all time so it can be easy for you to get one or more.
The Best Spiritual Books Of All Time
1. The Bhagavad Gita: Swami B.G. Narasingha
Bhagavad Gita is a Hindu scripture that is part of the epic Mahabharata. It is a book that gives you the way to live selflessly.
Bhagavad Gita is on the top of our reviewed spiritual and religious books because it is to be said that it will get your answer to every question.
To be more clear, here I mentioned a short conversation from Bhagavad Gita where God Krishna was giving the way to live a normal folk.
- Folk: I can’t find free time. Life has become hectic.
- Krishna: Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you free.
- Folk: Why has life become so complicated?
- Krishna: Stop analyzing life. It makes life complicated. Just live it.
- Folk: Why we are constantly unhappy?
- Krishna: Worrying has become your habit. That is why you are not happy.
- Folk: Why do good people suffer always?
- Krishna: Diamond can not be polished without friction. Gold can not be purified without fire. Good people go through trials. With that experience, their life becomes better, not bitter.
- Folk: You mean to say such experience is useful?
- Krishna: Yes, in every term experience is a hard teacher. It gives the test first and the lessons later.
- Folk: Because of so many reasons, we don’t know where we are heading?
- Krishna: If you look outside you will not know where you are heading. Look inside. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides the way.
- Folk: Why does failure hurt so much?
- Krishna: Success is a measure decided by others. Satisfaction is a measure decided by you.
- Folk: In tough times how do you motivated?
- Krishna: Always look at how far you have come rather than how far you have to go. Always count on your blessings, no what you are missing.
- Folk: What surprises you about people?
- Krishna: When they suffer, they ask, why me? When they prosper, they never ask, why me?
- Folk: How can I get the best out of my life?
- Krishna: Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.
- Folk: One last question. Sometimes, I feel that my prayers are not answered?
- Krishna: There are no unanswered prayers. Keep the faith and drop the fear. Life is a mystery to solve, not a problem to resolve. Trust me. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.
2. Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day
“Think Like A Monk” is written by Jay Shetty. Almost all of us might know him, he is a social media superstar and host, who shares inspiring videos.
This book helps you to find peace and purpose. This book will open your mind, lift your heart, redefine your success, controls fear and ego, helps to improve relationships, helps you understand what is the meaning of life, and connect you with your deeper purpose.
When we tune out the opinions, expectations, and obligations of the world around us, we begin to hear ourselves. – Jay Shetty
3. Life’s Amazing Secrets: How to Find Balance and Purpose in Your Life
“Life’s Amazing Secrets” book is written by Gaur Gopal Das, who is one of the most loved and widely followed monks.
This book contains amazing lessons, stories, and secrets that are tremendous and tells us what wrong we are doing in life and relationships, and suggest how to balance and find a purpose in life.
4. Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind book is written by Yuval Noah Harari, an Israeli public intellectual, historian.
As its name suggests, this book is about the early stage of us humans. It helps to understand our history, who we are, and what made us this way.
5. Karma: A Yogi’s Guide to Crafting Your Destiny
Karma: A Yogi’s Guide to Crafting Your Destiny book is written by Sadhguru, an Indian yogi and author.
This book will change your look about karma, you may probably start living a happy life and take charge of your own destiny.
Full of valuable insights to guide you – WILL SMITH
6. Ikigai: The Japanese secret to a long and happy life
Ikigai: The Japanese secret to a long and happy life book is written by Hector Garcia and Francesc Miralles.
This book presents the idea of happiness in living. Ikigai means purpose and the reason why you get up in the morning, plays an important role.
This book helps you to find your passion in your life which helps you to live a happy, content, active and long life. It compels you to focus on your health, choices, focus, and inner happiness.
7. A Monk’s Guide to Happiness: Meditation in the 21st Century
A Monk’s Guide To Happiness is written by a monk, Gelong Thubten. This book explains why we all need meditation and happiness in our daily lives. This helps you to bring mindfulness, happiness, and meditation into your busy life in 21 century with simple and effective exercise.
It can help you to choose happiness, choose compassion for yourself, meditate in micro-moments during a busy day, and you will discover you are naturally hard-wired for happiness.
8. Metahuman: Unleashing Your Infinite Potential
Metahuman is written by Deepak Chopra an Indian-American author and alternative medicine advocate.
In his book, he explains how we become metahumans, in other words superhuman. This spiritual book can help you to harvest your peak experiences and provides secrets to move beyond your present limitations to access the infinite possibilities naturally.
9. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
This is one of the best spiritual books also written by Deepak Chopra.
This book explains the ways to get success in both professional life and spiritual life. The seven laws of success are the Law of Pure Potentiality, Law of Giving, Law of Karma, Law of Least Effort, Law of Intention and Desire, Law of Detachment, and Law of “Dharma” or Purpose in Life.
10. The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
This is one of the powerful spiritual books written by Eckhart Tolle is a spiritual teacher and author.
This book takes you on a spiritual journey where you can find your deepest and true self, to make your personal growth and spiritual. It explains the power of now to make the primary focus on your life.
11. The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
This spiritual book is written by Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu, both are the great spiritual masters and moral leaders of our time.
They have explained how we can get joy from each of the obstacles instead of worrying. They described a clear path of attaining an enriching and sustainable life of abundant joy in this changing world.
There are going to be frustrations in life. The question is not: How do I escape? It is: How can I use this as something positive? – Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu
12. The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living
As its name suggests this book explains the art of living happily in this hectic world. It will explain how you will change your negative thoughts into positive ones. Helps to reduce anger and changes your mind for a better purpose.
“The second, and more reliable, the method is not to have what we want but rather to want and appreciate what we have. – Dalai Lama”
13. The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself
The Untethered Soul is written by Michael Alan Singer an American author and motivational speaker. He explains how we can discover inner peace and serenity.
This book begins through the relationship of your thoughts and emotions that are preventing consciousness. And, enabling consciousness which opens the door to a life lived in the freedom of your innermost being.
“The only permanent solution to your problems is to go inside and let go of the part of you that seems to have so many problems with reality. – Michael A. Singer”
14. Becoming Supernatural: How Common People are Doing the Uncommon
Becoming Supernatural is written by a gifted scientist and passionate teacher, Joe Dispenza, who is the best-selling author of Evolve Your Brain.
This book explains to you, how to go beyond the known life into an extraordinary life. You can learn how to let go past and create your new mind and life at crazy levels.
That’s why I say you have to think greater than the way you feel to make any real, lasting changes. – Joe Dispenza
15. Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
Conversations with God is written by Neale Donald Walsch an American author.
As its name suggests this book is about a conversation with God, confusing questions asked to God such as why me, how this is happening in life. It led you to the spiritual journey of God, you will understand the true meaning of God.
16. Creativity, Spirituality, and Making a Buck
Creativity, Spirituality, and Making A Buck book is written by David Nichtern.
This book is a funny, friendly, and practical guide to get success in life. It explains what means success and gets you there. Funnily, you will learn what is success in life and the importance of spirituality.
17. Friend-ish: Reclaiming Real Friendship in a Culture of Confusion
Friend-ish is written by Kelly Needham.
This book will help you to recognize symptoms of idolatry and dependency, understand the problems that arise in the friendship, and help you to get a loving relationship as you all crave and ultimately brings you closer to God.
18. Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ
This book is by Daniel Goleman an American author.
This book states that emotional intelligence is as important as IQ for success. This book is important for all of us to learn how to manage our emotions, including joy, fear, self‑awareness, social awareness, self‑management to achieve success.
I would argue that the difference quite often lies in the abilities called here emotional intelligence, which include self-control, zeal and persistence, and the ability to motivate oneself. – Daniel Goleman
19. You Can Heal Your Life
You Can Heal Your Life is written by Louise L. Hay.
This book explains everyone can heal themselves. We all have the ability to know what is right and wrong to us. Life depends on our thinking, every thought creates our future. Life is very simple, the matter is we just have to accept it as it is.
20. Infinite Possibilities: The Art of Living Your Dreams
Infinite Possibilities is by a teacher, author, and featured speaker Mike Dooley.
This book explains how a person can achieve infinite possibilities with spirituality. It helps you to change your thoughts into things. It can change your thought, thinking, beliefs and helps to visualize your potential.
This book reminds you how powerful you are, how far you can reach, and how much you deserve, so you can begin thriving towards your dreams.
21. The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have
The Book of Awakening is written by a poet and spiritual advisor Mark Nepo, who has been in this field for over 30 years.
This book is written in a way while reading you will feel awe and affection. By Reding this book you can feel like getting second sight, and you will expose the multiple dimensions of your life. Spirit and friendship are two that make your soul pure and awake you towards your potential.
22. Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting
The book Wishes Fulfilled is written by Wayne W. Dyer American self-help, spiritual author, and motivational speaker. Though this book is early published it is also one of the effective spiritual books.
Everything that exists now was once an imagination. This book takes you on a journey where you begin manifesting the powers that possess within you and you can create a life that you imagine for yourself. You can truly change the concept of yourself. It will help you to see that you already have an inner, invisible higher self that can and will guide you toward a mastery of the art of manifestation.
23. Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends on It
The book Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It is written by Kamal Ravikant.
This book explains the self-love is more important than any of others. In this toxic world to be a success you must focus, first on yourself. Written in simple words to help self and spiritual growth.
Many of the readers after reading this book say that this is the first time I am loving myself.
24. Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom
The book Buddha’s Brain is written by Rick Hanson an American Psychologist.
This book’s main theme is if you can change your brain, you can change your life.
Obviously, great leaders like the Buddha, Jesus, Moses, Mohammed, and Gandhi once changed the lives of millions of others.
With the Buddha’s reference, this book explains to you how to shape your brain for long-lasting happiness, love, wisdom, fulfill relationships, a deeper spiritual life, and self-worth.
25. Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation by Sharon Salzberg
Real Happiness is written by Sharon Salzberg, one of the world’s foremost meditation teachers and spiritual authors.
This book explains how meditation works and why a daily practice of meditation results in a balanced and happy life. In addition, it aims to achieve all the benefits that meditation provides such as inner peace, creativity, mindfulness, sharpen focus, relieve chronic pain, lowers blood pressure, reduces stress, etc.
26. Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi
This book is written by Sri Ramana Maharshi, one of India’s spiritual masters, though he is dead, still, after his 60 years of death, his spiritual lessons are enlightening many of thousands of people.
This book will explain that self-realization is the vital quest we must all pursue before we can attempt to understand the world.
27. You Are Here: Discovering the Magic of the Present Moment
The book You Are Here is written by Thich Nhat Hanh a world-renowned, Zen monk. The writer with the voice of Buddha shows us the relation between personal inner peace and peace on earth.
Explains being here truly is very important. Living in the present moment as well. The Buddha’s practice helps you to emphasize the power of mindfulness and shape your lives. He explains achieving mindfulness is as simple as breathing in and breathing out.
28. The Buddha and the Badass: The Secret Spiritual Art of Succeeding at Work
The Buddha and the Badass book is written by Vishen Lakhiani the founder of Mindvalley.
In his book, he explained a spiritual way to succeed in the workplace and life. He termed the Buddha as a spiritual master and Badass as a changemaker. If you possess the exact amount of both you can operate from a space of bliss, ease, inspiration, and abundance.
And, this is what Vishen Lakhiani wants to teach you.
I wish all of the above-mentioned lists of spiritual books will help you to achieve inner and spiritual peace. Help you to find out who you are and the reason why you must live your life.
After reviewing all the above spiritual books I highly recommend you to choose one or more books for spiritual health and get the peaceful life you always wanted to experience.